Articles on this Page
- 07/12/11--03:00: _Announcing: Fun Hea...
- 09/06/11--03:00: _When Psychology Mee...
- 11/14/11--22:00: _Pop Quiz: What’s th...
- 12/12/11--22:00: _Calling All Nuts! H...
- 01/09/12--22:00: _Oh, Go Ahead, Sleep...
- 02/06/12--22:00: _Quiz of the Month: ...
- 07/12/11--03:00: Announcing: Fun Health Quizzes!
- 09/06/11--03:00: When Psychology Meets Classic Litarature
- 11/14/11--22:00: Pop Quiz: What’s the Most Festive Animal-Head Dish in England?
- 12/12/11--22:00: Calling All Nuts! How Well Do You Know Yourself?
- 01/09/12--22:00: Oh, Go Ahead, Sleep Through This Test
- 02/06/12--22:00: Quiz of the Month: Valentine’s Day, Doctor Style
by Leigh Ann Otte It’s fun! It’s kinda educational! It helps you wow your friends with fascinating trivia knowledge! Announcing the new MyFamilyDoctorMag.com quiz section. Resident trivia master David Brinn researched and wrote most of these quizzes. We’ll be putting a new one online about once a month. They’re a mixture of education and silliness, [...]
by Leigh Ann Otte Question: If people and animals seem much smaller to you than they really are, you might be having a: a. Lilliputian hallucination b. Flat effect c. Dwarfish visionary response Hint: This is a rare phenomenon named after the small people in Gulliver’s Travels. (It’s also called Alice in Wonderland syndrome.) Do [...]
by Leigh Ann Otte Years ago, the story goes, Tom Bawcock braved a harsh winter storm to feed his English village of Mousehole. He caught enough of a certain small animal to tide them over. The animals were baked into a pie. Now, on December 23 every year, people in Mousehole celebrate “Tom Bawcock’s Eve” [...]
by Leigh Ann Otte Are you a complete and utter nut? Do friends tell you, “You’re crazy!” Whether it’s holiday madness or a lifetime fling with your own drummer beat, this month’s quiz is for you. “Mixed-Nuts Quiz: How Nutty Are You?” tests your knowledge about chestnuts, pine nuts, CornNuts and more. (One of these [...]
by Leigh Ann Otte Lots of us resolved to move more this year, but how about resting more too? Getting enough sleep is important for our health. And it might give us more energy for that exercise! So this month’s fun health quiz is all about slumber. You can take it here. How do you [...]
by Leigh Ann Otte There are sweethearts, heart-to-hearts, heartfelt confessions and candy hearts. As Valentine’s Day approaches, hearts are all over the place. But to many of us, our own heart remains a mystery—not just poetically but literally. So this month, we’re testing your hearty knowledge in our “Valentine’s Day Heart Quiz.” Here’s a teaser [...]